Join our Board
Global Neighborhood is a mission driven, 501c3 social enterprise in Spokane that exists to offer pathways to employment for our neighbors who came as refugees. We began our work in 2008 and since 2011 we have focused exclusively on employment and job training for former refugees. We create opportunities for growth and an environment where our employees can thrive. We are striving each day to become an anti-racist organization. Over the past decade, we have created employment and training opportunities for hundreds of former refugees from 31 different countries. Now, we are working to increase our impact by significantly scaling our business.
We are looking to expand our Board of Directors by adding an attorney who can help provide guidance and legal counsel to the organization. Members of the Board work together to set the direction of the organization, offer governance and oversight, and provide support to the Executive Director.
Global Neighborhood: unique, together.
We are committed to creating an organization that reflects our world: diverse and connected. We recruit unique and talented individuals, then empower them to become their best. We work to address global issues at a local level. We know it will take people of every race, gender, identity, and experience working together for us to succeed.
POSITION: Board Member, legal advisor (Volunteer)
TIME COMMITMENT: Board members attend 6 meetings a year, and participate in various fund-raising and community events. Board terms are 2 years, with the option to serve 3 consecutive terms. Board members also meet with the Executive Director or senior management when needed, in order to provide guidance and support.
To apply, please return the following application, along with one personal and one professional reference.
Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why are you interested in serving on Global Neighborhood’s board of directors?
- Explain how you are aligned with Global Neighborhood’s mission and values.
- Mission: Global Neighborhood offers pathways to employment for our neighbors who came as refugees.
- Our employees – We exist for our employees. We aim to create a safe, inclusive, stable, and supportive work environment that eliminates barriers to employment and helps people advance.
- Our community – We are connected with those around us, and we cannot thrive unless our community does. We work for equality and justice for all members of our community.
- Our planet – The wellbeing of our employees and our community cannot be separated from the health of our planet. Therefore, we work to lessen environmental harm and promote sustainability wherever we can.
- What skills, experience, and expertise are you able to contribute in helping to guide the organization?
- All board members are expected to lead by example in donating money to Global Neighborhood. Are you willing to make Global Neighborhood one of your giving priorities?
- Do you have any further questions that we can answer for you?